Saturday, May 19, 2007

From London...

A few more hours to go for my layover in London. I am currently lounging on the floor because I couldn't find a chair next to an outlet after an hour of searching the airport. One of the airport staff in the yellow jackets keeps giving me strange looks...hehe.

When I checked in with Ethiopian Airlines, the people there were from Uganda and very happy to hear we would be working to improve health care in their home country. They all said Uganda is very beautiful and I can’t wait to experience it. I am really looking forward to this trip.

To the group: I am sorry but I wasn't able to find my tape recorder (I think I took it back to L.A. because it broke). I have some extra headlamps that I am using for the Lumina Project (in case you couldn't get yours back from Max, Ali) and I also grabbed some thank you cards to go with the gifts Meera brought. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! Simon said he might be able to grab dinner with us! Hope you all arrived safely and are enjoying yourselves. Get some rest and I'll see you soon...

2 comments:

Adrian Greystoke said...

if you come back via London, let me know!
Adrian

prudence jenwen huang said...

Hi, Jessica,

We are very glad to hear from you. Please post some pictures on the site, so, we can see your face when we miss you.
Love, mom