Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Countdown to Kampala

I just passed in my last project and I'm now frantically running around town trying to make sure I have everything that I could possibly need while we're in Uganda. I can't really believe that I head off to Africa tomorrow but a phone call from Meera in Uganda last night made it seem pretty real! She's arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport and I've been instructed to wait for Amanda in the bar and enjoy a "Nile Special" - more to come on what that is later but I have to say that life is looking pretty good. :)

It has just now occurred to me that I'm taking TWO back-to-back red eye flights and I'm curious to see how my body reacts. Wow. I hope no one is expecting me to be able to communicate intelligently until Sunday at the earliest.

Ok - I must get back to packing before Max (my cat) hides all of my things in an effort to postpone my travels. He just scooted by adorned with a headlamp and what looked like my passport in his mouth...!

4 comments:

Jessica Wolfe, PhD, LEED GA said...

Sounds like my daughter to me!

Unknown said...

Best of luck. Have a ball and take lots of pictures.

Unknown said...

Have an amazing time!

Unknown said...

Ali: Just back from Las Vegas. Wondering how it's going. Hope all is well. Write if you find work!
Love, dad